A History of Excellence
Even though restoring historic properties is an important part of our heritage, the excitement associated with each new urban renewal project we tackle is always exhilarating. At TD, we understand how restoring the architecture and original beauty of a building from a bygone era can have a profound and rejuvenating effect on a community. For us, there’s nothing like seeing this transformation and how it touches the residents.
At TD, we feel privileged to have had the opportunity to be involved in some distinct and spectacular renovations. For instance, we converted an ailing 1800s hotel into sleek, elegant lofts. And we had the awesome privilege of restoring the Texas Governor’s Mansion into a stately building of beauty and grandeur.
It is our mission and charge to provide you with the best solutions possible for rebuilding your building's HVAC, plumbing or electrical system without altering the original integrity of the architecture.
Some examples of the historical projects we’re most proud of:
- The Rice Hotel – Originally constructed in 1837, it was formerly the Capitol for the Republic of Texas for two years, located in Houston, Texas.
- The Wilson Building – Formerly the Green Department Store, located in downtown Dallas, Texas.
- The Texas Governor's Mansion – Located in Austin, Texas, TD's work was recognized as a National ABC Excellence in Construction Award winner.
- Magnolia Hotel – The ballroom of this historic property became Houston's first protected landmark.
- Joule Hotel – Formerly the Dallas National Bank, circa 1927, this historic building has been restored into a five-star boutique hotel.
For historical buildings, you need a company with a proven history. That’s TD. Contact us at historical@TDIndustries.com.